For over 60 years, John Gray & Co Funeral Directors have been pillars of support for North Down. In a significant step, they’ve initiated the John Gray & Co Community Assistance Programme, offering grants to five local causes near their funeral homes in Bangor, Holywood, and Newtownards.
The program focuses on empowering projects within a one-mile radius that address community issues and support the most disadvantaged. Here are the recent grant recipients:
- Kilcooley Women’s Centre, Bangor: Assistance for the Bangor Social Supermarket
- Bangor First Presbyterian Church: Contribution towards their warm Welcome Space
- Camphill Community, Holywood: Funding for garden furniture at riverside House- a residential home for adults with learning disabilities
- Redburn Loughview Community Forum: Involving more young in their shared community garden project
- Ladybird Children’s Services, Bangor: Purchase of a sensory floor rug to enhance emotional support provision
The initiative, supported by Funeral Partners, enters its next funding round on January 8th. Funeral Manager Barbara Wilson, thrilled by the impact, looks forward to building lasting relationships with the supported causes.
“If you think this could benefit your scheme or charity, please do not hesitate to get in touch,” Barbara urged. John Gray & Co’s community initiative is a testament to their commitment to creating positive and lasting change in the communities they serve.